Armstrong seeks to respect and reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate and the marketplace we serve.
Armstrong’s team of 900+ is diverse in every way. For example, in 1985, we advanced the van operator as owner-operator model. We provided financing for drivers to purchase tractors and straight trucks, equipping them to operate as independent business owners. This model has continued to propagate to the point where today, 63% of our drivers are ethnic minorities who are owner-operators.
Additionally, under the leadership of Jenny Johnson, CEO of Armstrong Relocation – Huntsville, we have earned certification from the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) as a woman-owned and -managed enterprise.
As a result of these efforts, Armstrong is able to provide clients with both Tier I and Tier II diversity spend capture opportunities.
We challenge our supply chain network to act in a socially-responsible manner, primarily exemplified in diversity and environmental sustainability actions in keeping with Armstrong’s goals and initiatives.
These suppliers provide additional opportunities for Tier II diversity spend capture.
Our philanthropic activities are designed to enrich the communities in which we operate. Many of these purposeful investments of human and fiscal resources impact minorities within our local markets. While some of these investments are long standing, our agencies select an appropriate enrichment activity of their own choosing for particular emphasis each calendar year.
- "Our driver, Luke, and his two guys were great. They were very friendly, respectful and trustworthy around my wife and kids. Great to partner with!”
B.B., April 2016
- "We had an incredibly difficult move. Our driveway has a steep incline and very far from the street where the truck was. The team out on our move worked incredibly hard and was very positive in a difficult situation. They were amazing and an excellent group of guys.”
G.K., April 2016
- "Our driver, Mack, was extremely professional and courteous and took very good care of us through the process. This was our first time to have a company move our belongings and he helped us through the entire process and made us feel very comfortable. Our things were packed well, treated with extreme care, and unpacked/put away just as carefully as they had packed them up. We cannot say enough good things about our experience both with the move and with Mack!”
J.B., April 2016
- “Words cannot express of thankful we are for our coordinator, Truc. She was so compassionate, empathetic and extremely knowledgeable about her job. We had such an amazing experience with her and your company. Thank you!”
R.P., April 2016
- “The packing crew (both sending & receiving) were very professional and courteous. We appreciate their positive attitudes and excellent work ethic!”
J.B., April 2016