Pursuing Armstrong’s Mission Statement requires that we act as “passionate team members working together to deliver excellence in… safety.”
The success of Armstrong’s approach to safety is evidenced by our uninterrupted coverage by a single insurance carrier since 1957. In addition to our in-house Safety Department, we have an Agency Safety Representative at each agency who reports directly to his/her agency President. The six-component Safety Management Cycle of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration provides the framework for continuous improvement.
Our Agency Safety Representatives prepare and execute an annual Safety Action Plan. This plan is used to document satisfaction of and continuous improvement in key safety performance metrics. Metrics are derived from Department of Transportation and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations, van line mandates, and our own procedures, controls and policies. Maintaining a lower-than-industry Experience Modification Rate is a key result.
Agency Safety Representatives earn certification through participation in a Safety Planning Workshop and successful completion of six online courses. Certification modules include driver qualifications, vehicle inspections, pre-trip checklists, maintenance logs, hours of service compliance and overall Safety Performance Rating. Armstrong’s Safety Department, our insurer, outside consultants and UniGroup’s Safety Department conduct training and coaching.
We provide safety training meeting curriculum to our Agency Safety Representatives for weekly use with operations personnel. Additionally, they conduct recurring driver review sessions and perform frequent site visit audits on jobs-in-process.
- "Our driver, Luke, and his two guys were great. They were very friendly, respectful and trustworthy around my wife and kids. Great to partner with!”
B.B., April 2016
- "We had an incredibly difficult move. Our driveway has a steep incline and very far from the street where the truck was. The team out on our move worked incredibly hard and was very positive in a difficult situation. They were amazing and an excellent group of guys.”
G.K., April 2016
- "Our driver, Mack, was extremely professional and courteous and took very good care of us through the process. This was our first time to have a company move our belongings and he helped us through the entire process and made us feel very comfortable. Our things were packed well, treated with extreme care, and unpacked/put away just as carefully as they had packed them up. We cannot say enough good things about our experience both with the move and with Mack!”
J.B., April 2016
- “Words cannot express of thankful we are for our coordinator, Truc. She was so compassionate, empathetic and extremely knowledgeable about her job. We had such an amazing experience with her and your company. Thank you!”
R.P., April 2016
- “The packing crew (both sending & receiving) were very professional and courteous. We appreciate their positive attitudes and excellent work ethic!”
J.B., April 2016